New Service Applications can be completed in person at the Bucksport Water System, Inc. (BWS) office or by submitting a new service application with all required documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and paying applicable fees by phone.
Information required when applying for service:
- Social Security Number / FID / EIN
- 911 Address for Service Location
- Mailing Address
- Subdivision Name (if applicable)
- Lot Number (if applicable)
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Government Issued Photo Identification
- Purchased Property or Home - proof of ownership is required. BWS will accept a copy of the signed closing documents or a copy of the recorded deed if Horry County Government Land Records (online) does not reflect ownership.
- Rental / Lease Property or Home - BWS will accept a copy of a signed rental or lease agreement. If you do not have an official agreement, you may use the water service rental agreement form available at the BWS office and online at the bottom of this webpage.
- Signed BWS Water User Agreement - available online at the bottom of this webpage.
Need to pay tap fees?
If you are applying for service at a parcel of property you should call us to get a quote for the tap fees applicable. Photo ID and proof of ownership are also required. You should allow 6-10 weeks from the time you purchase your meter to installation. Tap fees can be found under the Customer Service tab- Rates & Policies.
*All fees must be paid in full prior to meter connections or installation.*